If you haven't noticed, this month we have a focus on how to use our Shape Shakers. I thought it would be good to show you how you can create your own shaker cards or tags using the dies to create the openings for the shaker containers. Of course the quickest and easiest way to use the Shape Shakers is to use the pre-cut cards but there are times where you may run out or want to create your own designs.
Grab the coordinating dies and make your own openings so you can shake, shake, shake anywhere!
1. Start with a piece of Kraft cardstock that is 12"x4" (fold in half to make a 6"x4" tag) and the Jar shaped die.
2. Run the die and cardstock through a die cutting machine.
3. Fill the Jar shaped shaker container with sequins.
4. Remove the backing from the shaker container to expose the adhesive.
5. Place the shaker container in the opening (the front of the tag should be facing down).
6. Close the tag and press so the adhesive sticks to the inside of the tag.
7. Flip the tag over and get ready to finish it.
8. Clip the upper corners at an angle to give it more of a traditional tag shape.
9. Punch a hole through both layers at the top, by the fold.
10. Cut a piece of pattern paper (Mushroom Medley Bite Sized Bits) to measure 3.5"x5.5". Using the Jar shaped die, run through a die-cutting machine to create an opening.
11. Adhere the pattern paper to the top of the tag.
12. Create flowers by using the small, flower shaped dies and the Jillibean Soup Kraft Paper Tape. -- it has a paper backing!
13. Die-cut a few mini leaves from green cardstock.
14. Peel the paper backing off the die-cut tape flowers. Place on tag.
15. Place some Jillibean Soup Wood Dots in the center of the flowers.
16. Stamp a sentiment on the front of the tag (I use the Healthy Hello Stamp set).
17. Add a bit of faux stitching with a white pen around the edges of the tag.
18. Add a bit of twine to the hole in the top of the tag to finish the tag. (I used Party Playground twine.)
Here's a quick little video showing the entire process.
We'd love to see what you have been creating with the Shape Shakers! Email us at email@example.com, post it on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram @jillibeansoup.
Have a great weekend!