Today's card is a one layer affair that focuses on color and sparkle to carry the day.
Let's Celebrate card by Deborah Nolan
S U P P L I E S
Saffron Yellow Pepper Soup stamp set (Jillibean Soup); Cardstock; Inks (black, peach, grapefruit, rose; Colored Pencils: Spectrum Noir, PrismaColor; Other: silver glitter, double-sided tape, Sakura rollerball glue pen; Tools: paper cutter, scoreboard, bone folder, MISTI, Post-It notes, Eclipse Masking Paper
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make a 4.25” x 5.5” card base and round bottom corners.
- Make two masks of flower stamp.
- Stamp left flower and adhere mask. Stamp top flower and adhere mask. Stamp bottom flower and remove both masks; correct halos with black fine point pen if needed.
- Ink sentiment and stamp using graduated colors of ink (see TIP below for instructions).
- Color flowers with pencils.
- "Color" stamens with glue pen and apply glitter.
- Adhere strip of double-sided tape to bottom of card and apply glitter.
You don't need an hombre ink pad to get great hombre results with a sentiment! Using a MISTI, stamp the top portion of the sentiment using the lightest ink color, then wipe off the ink, and cover that portion of the stamp with a Post-It note. Reink with the next darkest color, stamp, wipe ink from stamp and reposition the Post-It note further down the stamp. Repeat using a darker ink and repositioning the Post-It note until you're finished! (If you use the MISTI and don't remove the stamp, you will have perfect placement of each layer of ink: no blurriness, no fuzzy edges, etc.
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!