Today's card features Jillibean Soup papers from the Sightseeing Stew collection and stamps from the Spicy Social Soup collection. One thing I really love, love, LOVE about Jillibean Soup products is how well the different collections coordinate with another. It's like Garanimals for cardmakers. (Anybody out there remember Garanimals?)
#Friend card by Deborah Nolan
S U P P L I E S
Cardstock: PTI, Nennah; Patterned Paper: Sightseeing Stew (Jillibean Soup); Clear Stamps: Spicy Social Soup (Jillibean Soup); Media: dye and embossing inks, white embossing powder; Embellishments: pearl, gems, Hemptique white cord; Tools: paper cutter, scoreboard, bone folder, scissors, Vagabond, dies, 1/8" hand punch
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make dark blue card base for a 4.25” x 5.5” card.
- Die or hand cut 4" x 5.25" kraft panel and adhere to card.
- Cut a 1" x 4.25" strip of patterned paper and adhere to card.
- Hand punch a notch on each side of the card (about .25" from bottom of patterned strip).
- Open card and wrap cord around front to inside of card (the notches will keep the cord positioned correctly) and tie a knot; close your card.
- Cut a 6" piece of cord and fold it in half. At the fold, slide the cord downward under the cord that encircles the card front; this will form a loop. Bring the cord's ends over the encircling cord and through the loop. (I've been told this is called a shepherd's knot.) Trim the ends accordingly.
- Stamp sentiment with dark blue ink.
- Stamp love and heart circles with embossing ink, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.
- Hand or die cut stamped circles and adhere (use foam dimensional tape on the heart circle).
- Adhere pearl and gems.