My card today features a beautiful rubber stamp - Hello Little One (PS0835) from the 2015 CHA show; I really love it! (Isn't it sweet?)
Hello Little One by Deborah Nolan
S U P P L I E S
Cardstock; Patterned Paper (Jillibean Soup); Rubber Stamp: Hello Little One (Hampton Art); Media: ink, colored pencils (Spectrum Noir); Accents: enamel dots (MMI), gems (Mark Richards); Other: foam dimensional tape; Die: Stitched Circles (Die-Namics); Tools: paper cutter, scoreboard, bone folder, Vagabond
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base for a 4.25” x 5.5” card from white cardstock.
- Cut 3.75” x 5” white cardstock panel and 4” x 5.25” dark blue cardstock panel; layer and adhere to card.
- Cut 1"-wide strips of patterned paper, cut banner ends at bottoms, and adhere to card on a diagonal.
- Stamp sentiment portion of the image on white card stock and die cut circle so the sentiment fits across the bottom.
- Stamp the image on white cardstock; color with pencils and fussy cut owls, branch and heart.
- Adhere owls, branch, and heart to die-cut circle with foam dimensional tape.
- Adhere die-cut circle to card with foam dimensional tape.
- Adhere dots and gems.
There's no reason you can't do a little "redesign" of a stamp if your spacing needs won't accommodate the image exactly as it is. When I first tried to put my owls on my die-cut circle, the heart over the mama's head felt crowded. So I just cut it out and moved it over to the side where there was more room. (Works for me!)
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!