Hello and welcome... it's Melinda with you today and I'm sharing a card I created for a child to give to their teacher on the return to school. Now, I have used lots of pink so this card is tailored more towards a female teacher, however you could quite easily use the same approach with a different color scheme for male teachers.
INSTRUCTIONS | Step x Step
1. Cut and score white cardstock to create a card measuring 4" x 5.5" when folded and set aside.
2. Cut a further piece of white cardstock measuring 3.75" x 5.25".
3. Measuring 1.5" down from the top of the cardstock and centred - cut out a rectangle window measuring 2" x 2.75".
4. Cut a final piece of patterned paper measuring 3.5" x 5" and adhere using foam pop dots to the back of the white cardstock with the window.
5. Cut out another window from your patterned paper allowing an eighth of an inch border to remain.
6. Temporarily place the above pieces on top of your folded card and using a pencil, lightly trace out the position of the window. Remove the top pieces and set aside.
7. Stamp your sentiment repeatedly down the pencil drawn panel and allow to dry before erasing the pencil lines.
8. Placing a ribbon around your window pieces, tie a bow under the bottom corner of the cut-out.
9. Add the rub-on sentiment so it aligns with the right side of the cut-out window and is centred vertically within the space.
10. Using foam pop dots adhere your window pieces to the folded card.
11. Slide your embellishment between the layers and adhere in place.
SUPPLIES | Hampton Art
Hampton Art/Doodlebug - Flower Garden - Cling Rubber Stamps (IC0161)
Hampton Art/ki Memories - A Color Story Page Kit (WM1048)
Hampton Art/ki Memories - Printed Ribbon (WM1110)
SUPPLIES | Other
Neenah Solar White Card-stock
Doodlebug Candy Shoppe Mini Rub-ons (Cupcake)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spun Sugar)