Have we got a treat for you!? Dana Warren has made a great 3 piece gift set for Momma and baby-to-be with a fantastic tutorial! Check it out and have fun creating this great project!
Hampton Art Stamps: Here Comes Baby – Outlines – IC0156 (Cling Stamps), You Said It – DoodleBug Designs – SC0192 (Clear Stamps), Curvaceous Borders – Signature Collection – SC0401 (Clear Stamps)
Clearsnap Colorbox: SN10250 – Top Boss Watermark Ink, Dye Ink: Mudslide
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Kraft. Unknown, black
Markers: Tsukineko: Bahamas Blue, Danube Blue, Rhubarb Stalk, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Potters Clay, Tangelo, Lady Bug
Dies: Papertrey Ink: Letters, Ovals, Cardbasics, Clouds
Twine: May Arts
Felt: Papertrey Ink:
Glitter Glue: Ranger: Stickles, Baby Blue
Adhesive: Miracle Tape. The Paper Studio: Pop Up Dots
- Make card from Kraft cardstock.
- Stamp scallop boarder and Moon stamps with watermark ink
- Color moon with white pen and add yellow and blue glitter glue to the stars and circles, wrap twine around card and tie in a bow
- Die cut clouds from white linen fabric and adhere to card front with pop up dots
- Stamp welcome in watermark ink
- Die cut ‘baby’ from blue felt and adhere below ‘welcome’
Gift Card Holder
- Die cut Cardbasics from Kraft twice and once from thin paperboard.
- Adhere Kraft on the front and back of paperboard.
- Stamp scallop board across card with watermark ink
- Wrap twine around card and tie in a bow.
- Make bag from card stock (see tutorial below)
- Die cut oval from Kraft cardstock and decorative oval from white linen fabric
- Stamp onesie on Kraft cardstock, color with color pencils and add glitter glue to poke-a-dots
- Die cut ‘baby’ from felt and adhere across onesie. Adhere oval to Kraft bag
Start with a 12 x 12 piece of card stock. Score at 5.5 inches and 6.5 inches
Rotate cardstock once to right or left. The score lines should now be horizontal. Score at 3 inches and 9 inches.
Using a paper cutter, line up the 9 inch scored line at the 1 inch mark. Make a cut to the horizontal score line only.
Repeat at the 3 remaining sides, here are 2 sides done
Next turn cardstock and cut along the horizontal score line (your 1inch scored at 5.5 and 6.5 inches) Cut both sides of the 1inch, only to the score line.
You should end up with this:
Repeat on other side
Before you assembling, you can punch a border along the top like I did for my project.
Add double sided adhesive to the flaps and fold together both sides.
Finishing touches are up to you, for my bag I punched holes at each end and used a thin strip of fabric to make a handle. You could add a paper handle or have your handles on the front and back.