I suppose my mind is filled with thoughts of travel because it’s that time of year and because we have a family reunion coming up. Or it could be that I’m pretty smitten with the Jillibean 12”x12” Sightseeing Stew patterned paper kit. Or both!
And speaking of 12”x12” patterned paper, I really appreciate that Jillibean’s 12”x12” papers usually have small patterns – which means we cardmakers can use them. (It’s nice to not have to search for a 6”x6” pad version of cool paper, don’t you think?)
Today’s card utilizes patterned paper and a sticker from the Sightseeing Stew patterned paper kit with coordinating stamps and gems.
S U P P L I E S
Cardstock: Neenah Desert Storm; Patterned Paper: Sightseeing Stew (Jillibean Soup); Clear Stamp Sets: Sightseeing Stew, Spicy Social Soup (Jillibean Soup); Inks: olive, orange, turquoise, brown; Embellishments: plain gems (Mark Richards), wood-mounted gem (Jillibean Soup); Fibers: twine (Hempotique); Adhesives: tape runner, dimensional tape; Tools: scissors, paper cutter, scoreboard, bone folder, acrylic block, 1/8” corner rounder, 1” circle punch
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base for a 4.25” x 5.5” card.
- Cut 1” x 4.25” panel from striped patterned paper and adhere to card front.
- Cut 4.25” x 4.5” panel from atlas patterned paper and adhere to card front so it meets the striped patterned paper panel.
- Round the right corners.
- Wrap the card cover three times with twine and tie into bow.
- Cut out the blank panel with olive icon from the journaling card patterned paper, stamp Adventure sentiment in olive ink, and adhere to card.
- Stamp heart circle in orange ink on white cardstock and cut out with a circle punch; adhere with dimensional tape.
- Adhere Now Boarding sticker.
- Stamp bird in turquoise ink, then stamp overlapping image with brown ink.
- Adhere gems.