Ever looking for a creative idea to brighten someone’s day? You know, give them an extra nudge to say “Go for it?” Design Team member Britt Bass designed an awesome card to encourage a friend… feel free to make some and pass them around!
Pastel Encouragement Card
Hampton Art licensed 7gypsies: Butterflies (IC0195), Travel Words (SC0500)
Clearsnap: Colorbox Petal Point Pigment ink (Aurora)
Patterned Cardstock: (from Arctic Wishes) DCWV
Accents: (mica powder in Biscotti) Ranger, (rub-on sentiment) Art Warehouse, (flower gems) Kaisercraft, (Opaque White) Mister Huey’s
Tools: (swirl die) Lifestyle Crafts, (Cuttlebug) Provo Craft, (trimmer) Fiskars
Adhesive: (Mega Runner) Xyron, (foam squares) Recollections
1. Make card from cardstock. Trim patterned cardstock to cover card front and adhere.
2. Rub-on sentiment and spray with opaque mist. Set aside to dry.
3. Use petal point inks to create ombre effect on word panel and stamp. Stamp butterflies with coordinating darker inks and fussy cut. Apply mica powder to give stamped panel and butterflies a pretty shine. (Pigment ink is a great medium for all your mica powders – just let it dry for a few seconds first!)
4. Adhere stamped panel to card with foam squares. Die cut swirls and adhere.
5. Adhere butterflies with foam squares. Attach flower gems to finish.