Hello All! Wendy here and ready to share up my CHA Summer Show 2012 projects revealed up in the Hampton Art booth for 7 Gypsies. Over the next couple of months you will see my five projects fully revealed with the bits of creative inspiration “behind-the-scenes” in the making of how it all came together and what inspired me.
In this project, I altered up a 7 Gypsies 4x6 Photo Tray. I love the cubby holes and niches ready for lots of details and telling the story “out-of-the-box”.
“The Sea Brings New Hope” Altered Photo Tray
Hampton Art Stamps: 7 Gypsies - Lille; Graphic 45 - Tropical Travelogue 1
Index Cards - Postale
Papers 8x8 - Postale
Scalloped Tag Inserts - Trousseau
Photo Tray 4x6 - White
Apothecary Bottles - Clear
Gaffer Tape - Black Text
Miniature Keys - Black
Printers Tray Label Holder - Antique Silver
Apothecary Label Stickers - Primitive Naked
Canvas & Burlap Shapes: Canvas Corp
Clearsnap Colorbox Cat’s Eye Ink Archival Dye Ink - Wicked Black
Wood Veneer Arrows: Studio Calico
Metal Clockwork Parts, Metal Number, Pearls, Clear Fragments, Number Plaque, Bead Chain, Hanging Screws: Advantus - Tim Holtz
Pearls & Pearl Swirls: Want2Scrap
Starfish: Jolee’s Boutique
Clear Dewdrops: The Robin’s Nest
Seashells, Sand - Orange Beach, AL
Pop Dots: American Crafts
1. I live only 30 minutes from the beach and on the Gulf of Alabama and so lots of sand and shells are right at my fingertips. So, I have a large fondness for the ocean. However, in this particular project, my boyfriend and I traveled to the seaside in Caorle, Italy. I used 7 Gypsies Apothecary Bottles - Clear and filled them with sand and shells. Also, on the outside of the bottles, I applied rub-ons and 7 Gypsies Gaffer Tape - Black Text and Apothecary Label Stickers. I absolutely adore these little bottles perfect for collecting neat little treasures and remembrances from the journey.
2. In this “window”, I used a Canvas Corp ATC dyed with inks and lots of details with shells, starfish, rub-ons, 7 Gypsies Miniature Keys - Black, and wooden arrows. The background inside the window is from Index Cards - Postale.
3. Probably one of my favorite “windows” in this altered tray are these hanging dangles created with teardrop clear fragments, photos, bead chains and screws attached inside the window. These photos are small captures of the beach and memories from our trip to the seaside in a unique way. Also, the memories of summertime with the mini lemonade pitcher and glasses that are actually dollhouse accents. I always search for unique ways to alter my projects. The background paper is 7 Gypsies Papers 8x8 - Postale.
4. The 7 Gypsies Printers Tray Label Metal Holders are such a neat way for creating a title for your project or capturing a quote from the journey. I used 2 label holders pushed together and my vintage typewriter for this neat way to journal on an altered project. My boyfriend, Vincenzo (as I call him Enzo), loves the ocean and the sea and this journaling captures perfectly the mood I wanted to create for the project.
5. In this “window”, I used 7 Gypsies Index Cards - Postale to create the background for this section. My boyfriend picked up seashells for me early one morning on the beach and I used accents of these along with some “kissing” stamping for the faded effect.
6. In this “window”, I used 7 Gypsies papers along with a Canvas Corp ATC stamped randomly along with some rubons, metal pieces, 7 Gypsies Scalloped Tag Inserts - Trousseau, and other accents.