Hello All! Wendy here and continuing to share up my CHA Summer Show 2012 projects revealed up in the Hampton Art booth for 7 Gypsies. I believe it’s time for a mini! In this project, I made a quick capture of my many worldly travels in using the really cool 7 Gypsies tag envelopes and tag inserts as my base and structure for this mini. Also, the mini envelopes make it possible to add in little bits of “hidden” notes of journaling and memorabilia collected from the journey.
Hampton Art Stamps
Licensed 7 Gypsies - Lille, Disclaimer, Ephemera, 97% Certifiable-Circle, Paddington, For the Record IC075, Abundance IC0148, To Be Continued PS0629, Good Idea At the Time PS0624, Numero;
Licensed Graphic 45 - Tropical Travelogue IC0133; Diffusion - Novel Background DF2135
Hampton Art Signature Collection - Brief Moments PS0361
Paper: Venice 6x6 Paper Pad
Tag Envelopes: Trousseau, Postale
Tag Inserts: Postale
Papers: Lille 6x6 Paper Pad
Mini Keys: Black
Stickers: Mini Label Fill-In
Paper Tape: Off the Wall, Lille
Librarie Drawer Naked Side Tabs
Text Cardstock: Kraft
Transparencies-White Chevron, Airplanes: Hambly
Glitter Cardstock: Recollections
Letter Stickers: Lily Bee Design, Bella Blvd
Clearsnap Colorbox Cat’s Eye Ink Archival Dye Ink - Wicked Black, Fluid Chalk - Lipstick Red, Jenni Bowlin - Brown Sugar, Stampin’ Up! - Real Red
Mini Metal Heart: Colorbok
Wood Veneer Arrow, Bicycle, Stars: Studio Calico
Metal Pen Nib, Metal Number, Metal Gears, Metal Keyhole, Metal Number Plaque, Tiny Attacher (and staples), Mini Paper Clip, Wood Number Game Pieces: Advantus - Tim Holtz
Pearls & Bling: Kaisercraft
Index Tabs: http://alifehandmade.bigcartel.com
Text Tapes: www.etsy.com
Vintage Typewriter - local vintage store
1. Collaging together various stamps can bring an interesting effect to your pages.
2. Sometime simple pages are nice too with just the photo and a quick caption to really enhance a nice photo, even in a mini style.
3. My vintage typewriter stays out at all times on one desk in my art studio which makes for quick and easy access for journaling. Also, I like to mix it up with stamping and journaling together on some pages.
4. I typically stamp in a nice crisp black archival ink, however, as seen in these pages, sometimes I like to add some “pop” with a color ink.
5. Sometimes stamping as stand-alone on a page is just enough, from a quote to a background stamp. In these pages, I simply love these quotes/sayings and the random text background stamp!
6. Here I mixed in some layering of stamping along with snippets of postage stamps cut from the 7 Gypsies paper tape for a neat effect on the travel theme!
7. And don’t forget that stamping looks great on the back of your album too!
Hope you enjoyed my project!
Be sure to check out ALL the pages to this mini over on my blog (www.scrapnspire.blogspot.com) and come back here on Sep 21st for the full reveal of ANOTHER CHA Summer Show 2012 project!
The “Fall in Love with Fall” contest winners will be announced at 3pm EST today so you have a few more hours to get in on the contest… and a great chance of winning 1 of the 6 prizes!!!