Don’t you just LOVE embossing?! Such a simple technique that really makes your project “pop”! Today, designer Gloria Stengel is sharing a GORGEOUS project with you perfect for almost any occasion… scroll down to see the Monthly Mystery Prize winners :)
Best of Times Card
Stamps - Hampton Art Stamps - 7 Gypsies: Distressed Clock (PS0679), Time Pieces (SC0504)
Embossing Powder - Hampton Art Stamps - Basics (Clear, Copper)
Ink - Clearsnap - Colorbox - Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx (Leather, Honey, Mossy, Patina); Clearsnap - Top Boss - Watermark
Embossing Folders - Cuttlebug (Script)
Cardstock - Cream, Green, Brown
Embellishments - mini brads
Tools - Anywhere Hole Punch; paper trimmer; Ink applicator foam or sponge; heat tool
Adhesive - tape runner, foam tape
1. Make a brown, top fold card 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.
2. Trim green cardstock 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches and attach to card front.
3. Trim cream cardstock to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.
4. Apply Colorbox Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Honey pigment ink to the Cuttlebug Script embossing folder. (Make sure the ink is on the side of the folder that is the front or top. Once your paper is embossed, you want the ink applied to the debossed areas of the paper, not the raised areas of the paper.)
5. Use the inked embossing folder to emboss the cream cardstock. Allow ink to dry, then trim cardstock to 5 1/4 x 4 inches.
6. Using a foam or sponge ink applicator, ink over the raised areas of the embossed paper with Clearsnap Colorbox Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Mossy, Patina, Leather pigment ink, in that order. Allow to dry. You may use a heat tool to dry the ink.
7. Ink some of the raised areas with Watermark or clear embossing ink.
8. Emboss with a copper embossing powder.
9. Edge the embossed panel with Leather pigment ink. Attach to the card front.
10. Stamp the Distressed Clock image onto cream cardstock with Leather pigment ink. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
11. Using a foam or sponge ink applicator, ink over the image with Mossy, Patina, and Honey pigment ink in that order. Wipe ink off the embossing image. Add a mini brad to the center of the clock.
12. Trim Distressed Clock image and mat with brown cardstock. Attach to the top, center of the card front with foam tape.
13. Stamp the Best of Times sentiment from the Time Pieces stamp set onto cream cardstock with Leather pigment ink. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
14. Using a foam or sponge ink applicator, ink over the sentiment with Mossy, Patina, and Honey pigment ink in that order. Wipe ink off the embossing image.
15. Trim sentiment and add two mini brads to the upper right corner of the panel. Mat with brown cardstock. Attach to the bottom, center of the card front with foam tape.
16. Add cream cardstock to the inside of the card.
Congratulations to Robin Delaney Hanning and Anna Whitmer on being the first 2 winners for our Monthly Mystery Prizes!!! Robin will get a Halloween goody set and Anna will get the Christmas set!!! Ladies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address so we can send you your prize!