Don’t you absolutely ADORE this gorgeous piece of art made by Hampton Art design team member Gini Williams Cagle!? The depth and textures she created are perfect! Where would you put this piece in your home?
Hampton Art Stamps 7 Gypsies Distressed Words PS0680, Best of Times IC0150; Art Soul DF2193
Donna Salazar Mixd Media Inkz: Patina, Pewter, Leather
Archival Dye: Mudslide
Top Boss Watermark Ink
Smooch Spritz: River Mossy, Log Cabin
Smooch Ink: Ocean Soul
Twiddleybitz Chipboard: Fantasy Shadow Box Frame, Cast Iron Gates, Lamp Post
WorldWin Papers Cardstock
Cheery Lynn Designs Dies: Miniature Rose; Flourish Leaf Strip
Wow Embossing Powder: Metaline Green; Ultra High Copper; Tea Garden Green; Black Glint; Metallic Platinum Sparkle; Clear
Tools: Fiskars Fuse Die Cutting Machine
Adhesives: GlueArts Glue Glider Pro – Perma Tac; U Cut It Dimensional Adhesive
1. Ink and stamp all pieces of the Shadow Box Frame prior to assembling.
2. On the main piece of the frame, stamp the Distressed Words using the Mudslide Archival ink. Heat set.
3. Using an open flourish stamp from Best of Times, stamp over the top of the words with the watermark ink. Heat set.
4. Ink over the entire surface with Pewter ink. Randomly apply Patina, and apply Leather around the edges. Take a paper towel and rub to remove excess ink from the embossed areas.
5. Fill in areas of the flourish stamp with Smooch ink. Blot immediately with a paper towel to soften.
6. Randomly stamp a few areas with the Distressed Words and the Mudslide ink.
7. For the inside of the shadow box, mist with Smooch spritz. Allow to dry, and stamp the sentiment with watermark ink, and sprinkle with black embossing powder. Heat set.
8. Ink the fence with the same Mixd Media Inkz as above, adding more of the brown. Randomly sprinkle with the Copper and Green embossing powders and heat set.
9. Emboss the lamppost with the Platinum powder and heat set. Add handmade flowers and die cut leaves to embellish.
10. Ink all remaining pieces of the frame (fronts and backs) with the Patina ink. Assemble as shown.