Yes, you read it right… we’re bringing you a tray an 2 cards today!!! Don’t thank us, thank designer Gloria Stengel for her amazing creative mind for all things vintage! She truly can transform the ordinary, into the extraordinary. See her project below and get inspired to create… we dare ya!
Vintage Altered Tray
Stamps: Hampton Art Stamps: 7 Gypsies (Memories IC0196, Time Pieces SC0504, Vintage Bicycle SC0503, Very Beautiful SC0502, Molto Bello IC0152, Abundance IC0148, Par Avion IC0149)
Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx (Schoolhouse)
Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink (Photogenic)
Fluid Chalk (Creamy Brown)
Designer paper: Canvas Corp, 7 Gypsies
7 Gypsies: Pyramid Studs, Miniature Keys, Label holder
Canvas Corp: Mini clothespins
Tray: 7 Gypsies: Solo Shadowbox Tray Black 6x6
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox: Archival Dye Ink (Wicked Black); Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink (Dark Cashmere); Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Crimson)
Stamps: Hampton Art Stamps: 7 Gypsies: You're Vintage (PS0628)
Cardstock: Black, Kraft
Designer paper: 7 Gypsies: Gypsy Packs
Embellishments: 7 Gypsies mini clothespin, velvet flower, burlap; mini brads; paper flower
Tools: paper trimmer; Ink applicator foam or sponge
Adhesive: tape runner; adhesive tape or fabric adhesive; foam tape
1. Make a black, top fold card 5 x 5 inches.
2. Trim printed paper to 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches. Wrap burlap around left edge of printed paper and secure burlap to the back of the paper. Attach paper to card front with foam tape.
3. Spray paper flower with Crimson glimmer mist. Attach to brown velvet flower with a mini brad. Attach flowers to upper left corner of the card with a wet adhesive suitable for fabric.
4. Stamp the sentiment onto kraft cardstock with black archival or dye ink. Trim and edge with Dark Cashmere antiquing ink, Mat with black cardstock. Attach to card front with foam tape, as shown.
5. Add kraft cardstock to the inside of the card.
Stamps: Hampton Art Stamps: 7 Gypsies: Time Pieces (SC0504), Very Beautiful (SC0502), Distressed Background (PS0673), Distressed Words (PS0680)
Embossing Powder: Hampton Art Stamps Basics (Clear)
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox: Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx (Leather, Honey, Mossy); Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink (Dark Cashmere)
Cardstock: Cream, Brown
Embellishments: button; natural string/floss; brown grosgrain ribbon; jute string
Tools: paper trimmer; Ink applicator foam or sponge; heat tool
Adhesive: tape runner; adhesive dots; foam tape
1. Make a brown, top fold card 5 x 5 inches.
2. Trim cream cardstock 4 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches and stamp the script from the Very Beautiful set in Leather pigment ink. Cover the panel by stamping the image multiple times. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
3. Using an ink applicator tool and Dark Cashmere antiquing ink, add ink to the panel to create a distressed look. Wrap brown grosgrain ribbon and jute string around the bottom of the panel and secure on the back. Attach panel to card front.
4. Stamp the Distress Background stamp onto cream cardstock with Dark Cashmere antiquing ink. Use an ink applicator tool to distress panel with Venetian Lace and Antique Moss antiquing ink. Ink the edges with Mossy pigment ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. Trim and attach to the top right of the card.
5. Stamp the Distressed Words stamp onto cream cardstock with Dark Cashmere antiquing ink.
6. Use an ink applicator tool to distress panel with Honey pigment ink. Allow ink to dry.
7. Stamp the clock image from the Time Pieces stamp set over the text with Leather pigment ink. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
8. Trim image and edge with Leather pigment ink. Attach to center card front with foam tape. Allow image to overlap the ribbon and the Distress Background image.
9. Stamp a plain cream button with the text image from the Very Beautiful set. Emboss with clear embossing powder. Tie floss or string though the buttonholes and attach the button to the upper right corner of the card.
10. Add cream cardstock to the inside of the card.