by Wendy Morris
Hampton Art Stamps:
Studio G (“pucker up”, “xo”, “carefree & fun”, “laugh out loud”, “tough guy”, “lazy day memories”, “defining moments”, “here’s my heart”, “unforgettable memories”, “smile...”);
7 Gypsies (“beyond measure”, “24/7/365”, “priceless”),
Art Warehouse (Background Border I - SC0163)
Hampton Art Ditto: Stickers (“it’s today”, “all smiles”, “don’t forget this”, “think happy”, “gotta celebrate”, “notes”, “this is the good life”); Stamps (“the best things in life are free”)
Hampton Art Embossing Powder: White
Doodlebug Designs: Create-a-Card (cards) [these cards were used as the pages to the mini book]
Doodlebug Designs (Paper: Sugar & Spice: Sweetie Pie Stripe #3250, Blankie #3245, Bundle of Joy #3242; Petite Prints: Limeade Daisy Stripe #2519; Bumblebee Dot Grid #2530; Tangerine Daisy Stripe #2517)
Doodlebug Designs: Pearls & Bling
KI Memories: Stickers (“wow”)
Clearsnap Colorbox Cat’s Eye Ink: Archival Dye - Wicked Black, Grasshopper
7 Gypsies: Tapes
Heidi Swapp: Letter Stickers - Day Glow Neon Letters (“color”, “world”, “home”, “gym”)
Lily Bee: Letter Stickers (“italy”, “you”, “me”, “ti amo”, “cozy”, “time”, “best”)
Martha Stewart: Stickers (“seaside getaway”)
Studio Calico: Doilies
Clearsnap: Embossing Rubons (“enjoy”)
American Crafts: Thickers (“my”, “xo”, “1”, “ha”, “yum”, “music”)
Bella Blvd: Stickers - Sunshine & Happiness - Miniatures #443; Paper - Sunshine & Happiness - Happy Clouds #438, High Five Alphas (“buds”)
My Mind’s Eye: Wood Accent (“all time best day ever”)
Hambly: Transparencies (rain clouds, chevron, “makes me happy”, “no.”, “&”, “made with love”)
Creative Imaginations: Narratives Stickers (“smart funny adorable...need I go on”)
A Life Handmade (http://alifehandmade.bigcartel.com/): Flair Buttons (“snap shot”, “click”); Page Tabs (“hello today”, “favorite”)
Ormolu: Page Tabs (“he said”, “all smiles”)
Melody Ross: Chipboard Accents (“soulful”)
K&Co: Smash (“do not forget”, “love”)
Evalicious (http://evalicious.bigcartel.com/): Good Day Tags
Ranger: Distress Ink (Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade)
Avery: Manila Tags
Quotable Cards: (www.quotablecards.com) [quotable greeting cards used as pages in the mini book]
Zutter: Corrugated Book Board, Pink Bind It-All Coils [used in binding of book]
Mini Popsicle Sticks: Local Craft Store
Chatterbox: Rubons (“this is very good”)
Tools: Ranger (Tiny Attacher), Zutter Bind-It-All, Zutter Distrezz-It-All
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives (tape runner), American Crafts (pop dots)
1. The Doodlebug Designs: Create-a-Card (cards) are not only great for cards but also easily do-able for a mini book! As soon as I saw these colorful cards, they instantly inspired my rainbow color choice and theme and I wanted to “step-out-of-the-box” and cut them apart (as shown) and make them into a mini book. You could also include the matching envelopes too as an add-in as a fun mix-in for some hidden journaling pockets.
2. The Hampton Art Ditto line is a fun and stylish way of flair to your mini projects and perfect for mini albums and cards. I love the fun & colorful embellishments from chipboard to a variety of stickers that I mixed into my mini book.
3. The Hampton Art Embossing Powders are perfect and in beautiful color choices for adding some interest to your titles and captions. I used the Clearsnap Embossing Rubons that are basically quick & easy embossing. Simply cut out the image of choice, apply the rub-on of the embossing image to your page/card, shake on the embossing powder of color choice, and heat set to emboss with your heat tool. Done!
4. I used LOTS of the Hampton Art Studio G series stamps! Love these mini stamps and they are just the perfect touch to capturing the moments in this mini.
5. Additionally, I used inks to dye some doilies and also dyed some mini plain wooden popsicle sticks to mimic fun & summery popsicles. Such an eclectic twist, colorful, and whimsical flair to the theme of my mini.
Want to see more pages & creative tidbits to this mini, “Color My World”?
Hop over to my blog, ScrapNspire (www.scrapnspire.blogspot.com) to check out all pages revealed up in this mini book!