Design Team member Wendy Morris (be sure to check out her awesome blog after this) has an awesome tutorial for her memory filled trip to Italy to see her beau to share with us today!
“Hello Adventure” Mini Book
“Hello Adventure” Mini Book Supplies:
Hampton Art Stamps: Studio G (“live for today”, “at the beach”, “because you matter to me”, “you are amazing”, “carefree & fun”, “i have a thing for you”, “unforgettable memories”, “i’m not Irish but kiss me anyway”, “sugar lips”)
Hampton Art Signature Collection (Kiss the Cook - #IC0061M, Best Day - #PS0358)
Creative Cafe (“life is worth it”, “today”, “i believe”, “i want to remember”, “be real”, “happy you happy me”, “the good stuff”, “behind the scenes”, “travel”, “because i never want to forget”)
Hampton Art licensed 7 Gypsies (“to be continued” PS0629, “adventure”, Abundance - #IC0148)
Hampton Art licensed Graphic 45 (Tropical Travelogue 1 - #IC0133)
Hampton Art Ditto: Sticky Labels - Brights #DT0031
Clearsnap Colorbox Cat’s Eye Ink: Archival Dye - Wicked Black; Fluid Chalk - Lipstick Red, Sour Apple, Yellow Citrus; Pigment - Picante
Paper: Echo Park
Pink Paislee (Heidi Swapp): Memory File - FotoStack Openable (Mini Album), Letterbox Alphas - Color Magic
Studio Calico: Fabric Canvas Mistables, Flair Buttons (“take note”), Wood Veneer Shapes (cameras, airplane, man & woman icons, letters), File Folder Tabs, Mist (Calico White)
Whiskers Graphics: Mini Graph Paper Bag
Freckled Fawn: Washi Tape Style 308
American Crafts: Thickers Foam Letter Stickers (“me”, “italy”, “yum”, “2”)
Recollections: Mini Glitter Heart
Making Memories: Clear Page Pebble
Chipboard Alpha: The Girl’s Loft (“xo”)
Hello Forever (www.marcypenner.com): Flair Buttons (“happy”, camera)
Ormolu: Flair Buttons (“he”)
Want2Scrap: Pearls & Bling
Ranger: Distress Ink (Broken China, Worn Lipstick)
Tools: Ranger (Tiny Attacher)
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives (tape runner), American Crafts (pop dots)
1. I used a medley of various stamps on the cover of my mini - postage stamp stamps, script stamps, and a pop of color in red using the “adventure” stamp.
3. I also used some pre-cut file folder tabs and stamped onto these as well to draw a bit of interest more to the photos. Using a pre-designed mini card, I added in layers of stamps using two different stamped phrases (“live for today” and “i want to remember”). For the plain wood veneer airplane, I added a pop of color to the design using the amazing Clearsnap Colorbox Pigment Ink in Picante.
4. One these pages, I collaged and layered in lots of different stamps and again added a splash of color with the red ink and misting on the page.
5. Using inks, I added some interest to rather plain canvas mistable shapes and layered in some additional diecut shapes to focus on the octagon pattern along with a splash of mist. Further, I used a collage of different stamps along the edge of the page and “kissing” some of the stamps for repetition and fading.
6. On this page, I used plain wood veneer shapes and cut out the cameras from pattern paper. I wanted to play on the repetition of the cameras with different textures - wood, flair buttons, paper. For the plain wood veneer shapes, same as the airplane, I colored the wood using Clearsnap Colorbox inks but this time using the Fluid Chalks and Pigment. Such a beautiful palette of colors with the black & white photo! Love love this page in my book!
7. I added a bit of an eclectic twist with a mini paper bag, after stamping on the bag, but this will be perfect for tucking away a sweet note/hidden journaling from our trip together!
8. On this page spread in the mini book, I really love the feel of the envelope that really draws on the them of my mini book in the focus of adventure & international love for my boyfriend. He’s Italian but lives in Austria. Such a beautiful love! Last month, we had a mini vacation to his country of Italy to the seaside and here I used the envelope to play on the theme with script stamps, postage & passport style stamps.
9. Well, this page is just happiness and a smile (and a kiss). Ha! A sweet surprise when my boyfriend came to the airport to wish me “goodbye” after I had went through security & gate check before flying back to the States. Sweet. I used a series of two different phrase stamps on this page under the photo. Fun!
10. Hampton Art Ditto has great elements, such as these sticky labels! They are perfect for a bit of a fun twist for your stamping. I added a bit of a fun touch behind one photo with the “best day ever” stamp.
11. LOVE this 7 Gypsies stamps “to be continued” and because it is so true of our story together. Also, I used some inks on the resist letter stickers that say “us” for a bit of a watercolor play behind the number “2”.