Hello All! Wendy Morris here and my last CHA Summer Show 2012 project in full reveal for you that was on display in the Hampton Art booth with 7 Gypsies product. I really loved these batch of projects and so happy I could share them up with you! I hope you enjoyed them as well!
Hampton Art Stamps: Studio G, 7 Gypsies, Art Warehouse
ATC Card Pack (Lucky Me)
Ink: Ranger - Archival Ink - Jet Black, Distress Ink - Fired Brick, Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk - Red Lipstick
Pearls & Bling: Kaisercraft
Cupid: Jolee’s Boutique
Wood Veneer Shapes: Studio Calico (butterflies)
Metal Clock & Clock Gears: Advantus - Tim Holtz
Binding Machine & Copper Binding Coil: Zutter Bind-It-All
My inspiration for this project comes from the 7 Gypsies ATC cards and a little bit of love on the brain (wink wink). I decided not to use the cards in the “normal” ATC card style but instead to work them into a small mini book. These were the perfect size for a quick project full of love and great for a quick gift.
When I start a mini, I always pre-assemble the order of my pages, inserts, etc., and go ahead to punch the holes with my binding machine. In this way, I have everything already sized up and what will work in what size for where I want it in the book. As I’m working into the details of my project, I just flip the pages over as I assemble them. Most of the time I’m adding in stamping, bulkier embellishing as I go, then, I can pre-plan mentally for these items as working on each page. Hope that makes sense :)
1. On the cover, I stamped the phrase “my heart takes flight” as an added pop to the pre-printed title on the card. I added the resin cupid as added “flair” and connecting the overall theme of my mini.
2. The 7 Gypsies ATC card pack comes with some really cool matching diecuts. In this pack, I used the clocks and measuring tape to coordinate into the Hampton Art - 7 Gypsies stamps. Many levels of layering on this mini page.
3. On this page (behind my photo), I used the “the fine print” stamp from Hampton Art - 7 Gypsies (love this stamp) and worked some repetition for this page in repeating the stamp.
4. I used the “because you matter to me” stamp from Hampton Art - Studio G on this page.
5. On this page, I used the pre-printed card and added in some water wash of ink splashes.
6. LOVE this stamp, “you + me” from Hampton Art - 7 Gypsies and used it solo on this page (and a sweet little heart).
7. Who doesn’t love butterflies? I stamped the butterflies (Hampton Art - Art Warehouse), inked a wood veneer butterfly. Then on the next page, I added a butterfly to connect the two pages and theme. You can make two very different pages blend well with adding repetitive embellishing. I use this technique a lot in my projects!
Hope you enjoyed my project!
Remember to vote daily until Thursday, November 1st at 8pm EST in the KI Memories Flashback Face-Off Challenge!